SIGN UP FOR THE ART CHALLENGE
[OCT. 1, 2019 - DEC. 1, 2019]
Every year, between Oct. 1- Dec. 1, the Wyland National Art Challenge encourages thousands of students across the nation to think about the many conservation issues we face around the world and interpret them through art.
Students can choose to work collaboratively on mural projects or create individual works of art and earn a chance to win classroom prizes and scholarships. It is our hope that the process of interpreting their relationship to the natural world through art will lead students to a greater understanding of their role as future caretakers of our water resources.
In further support of the program, the Wyland Foundation and its partners have provided more than 500 schools with paint supplies, educational materials, and 50 square foot artist canvases. Winning entries are included each year in a full-color calendar presented by Toro Irrigation.
Download the Certificate of Appreciation.
Download the Teachers Guide.
Download the Eutrophication Lesson Plan
Download the Official Art Contest Rules.
THREE AREAS TO WIN:
Images of your artwork are submitted for judging, not the actual artwork. Images can be uploaded beginning October 1st. The theme of the Art Challenge is environmental and water conservation. Teachers are invited to encourage their students to highlight conservation and participate in all three categories: classroom mural, individual art, and photography.
1. Classroom Mural: Work together as a class to create a 4-foot by 8-foot (or larger) mural. Three classrooms will win $500 for art supplies.
2. Individual Art: Individual pieces of art, in any medium, supporting the theme of the class mural. One 11th or 12th-grade winner will win a $500 scholarship. Additional winners from each grade level will receive a $50 gift card for art supplies. (mural participation not required for individual art entries)
3. Individual Photography: Capture a moment of nature. One 11th or 12th-grade winner will win a $500 scholarship. An additional winner will win a $100 gift card.
2018 INDIVIDUAL ART WINNERS
Name: Alexandria S.
First Grade Winner
Name: Lola V.
Second Grade Winner
Name: Ryan P.
Third Grade Winner
Name: Amelia S.
Fourth Grade Winner
Name: Robert M.
Fifth Grade Winner
Name: Morgan G.
Sixth Grade Winner
Name: Alana D.
Seventh Grade Winner
Name: Katie C.
Eighth Grade Winner
Name: Dawson P.
Ninth Grade Winner
Name: Jacob O.
Tenth Grade Winner
Name: Luisa G.
Eleventh Grade Winner
Name: Jordan M.
Twelfth Grade Winner
Name: Naomi L.
2018 Classroom Mural Winners
Kindergarten – Fourth Grade Mural Winner
School: Westminster Christian School
Teacher: Anne Heetderks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8b6nTsFYps
Fifth – Eighth Grade Mural Winner
School: Costa Mesa Middle School
Teacher: Keli Marchbank
Ninth – Twelfth Grade Mural Winner
School: Moanalua High School
Teacher: Jeffrey Fujimoto
2018 Photography Winners
Individual Photo Winner – Camera
Name: Jan A.
Individual Photo Winner – Scholarship
Name: Jade S.
2019 SUBMISSION FORM
Sign up below to participate in the 2019 Wyland National Art Challenge!
1) Fill out Teacher and School information
2) Select the type of Art you have to upload (Art, Photography, Mural) You can select more then one entry type at a time.
3) Select “Next” and fill in the student information and submit the artwork files.
*We recommend uploading a clear high resolution (JPG or PNG) image of the artwork and an image of the students and their artwork together.